by Caroline Jalango
Many people have brilliant ideas which remain unfulfilled because of endless talk and inaction to turn them into a reality. Ideas that you have mused over for years or months need to take some physical shape. The invisible needs to become visible. All you need to do is get the guts, be bold and get ready to take risks that bring your ideas to life in a tangible way. Isnít it about time you took the initiative to make things happen to ensure that your idea becomes reality?
7 Tips to help you turn your ideas into reality.
1. Have a clear goal. Now that you have an idea, what do you want to do with it? Depending on what you want to achieve, set clear goals to act as a guide or a map towards what you want to achieve. A goal is like a lighthouse that will steer you in the right direction. Goals also act as a compass to give you the right bearing whenever you are lost.
2. Have a plan of action. Now that you have a clear goal, you must plan how you intend to achieve it. A plan of action is necessary because it is a means to achieve the end. Consider and write down all the possible ways to achieve your goal. Having a possible back up plan comes in handy if your main plan fails. Select the most feasible way to work towards achieving your goal, the resources you need to achieve it and the people whose help you may require along the way.
3. Focus on the goal not the obstacle. Along the way there will be many obstacles and distractions. If you can avoid it, donít focus your energy on the obstacles because they will paralyze you with fear and prevent you from turning your idea into reality. If you really have to deal with the obstacle, concentrate on how you can overcome it so that you can achieve your goal. Focusing on your goal should be your main target and driving force.
4. Take positive risks. You must take risks. Nothing is ever achieved by just watching from the sidelines. You must be able to take positive steps towards achieving your goal. Get ready to do what you have never done before and go the extra mile. Always remember that sometimes you will need to take baby steps and at other times you will have to take a giant leap. Do whatever is in your power to do.
5. Stay motivated. You have to stay motivated because the process of turning your idea into reality may be long and drawn out. The sailing may not be smooth and you may be tempted to give up. Donít give up. Encourage yourself by listening, watching or reading motivational articles and success stories. You can also surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and support your vision. People who remind you of your potential for success and fan your flames for achievement can be a wonderful source of motivation.
6. Push forward. Track your progress periodically and ensure that you donít get stuck in the rut of inaction. Whenever you stall, identify the cause and then make an effort to resolve it and move forward. Donít give up. Keep pushing forward until you reach the finish line. If you have come this far you might as well go all the way. Remember itís about forward action and making progress.
7. Go for it. The most difficult part in turning intention into implementation is making the decision to actually turn your idea into a reality. Now that you have crossed that point and made that decision, just go for it. You really have nothing to lose and you will be proud of yourself when itís all over, achieved and done with!
All Starts With A Dream
Never give up focus on what you want, because believing that you can do it is half the battle.
Imagine yourself as a success, and you canít fail. You may never be rich, but the friends you
make along the way as you are learning the ropes are something you canít buy anyway.
Set a Course for Success
Don't read this if you are not committed to succeed this year! Now that we have separated the wheat from the chaff, let's get down to the kernel of what it takes to be successful in all areas of your life: material, spiritual, your relationships, family, work, and your community.
Top 10 Ways to Coach Yourself to Total Success!
Coaching is about being your best. Itís about performance,
about ďstaying the courseĒ and, in the end, about creating and
living the life you really want.